How Your Cell Phone is Causing Wrinkles (and Other Common Habits)
Even the most common activities can greatly impact your appearance as you get older, aging you far beyond your years if you are not careful. Our team are experts at addressing your aging concerns and helping you achieve a youthful, radiant appearance. We’ve made a list of lesser-known habits that cause wrinkles, so keep reading for some tips to maintaining healthy, glowing skin!
- Skipping sunglasses: Most people only wear sunglasses when it’s sunny outside, but sunglasses are essential for protecting your skin even on cloudy days. Squinting due to sun exposure causes “crow’s feet,” or wrinkles around the eyes. It is easy to prevent these wrinkles by always remembering to wear sunglasses, even in the car or when it’s overcast.
- Applying makeup: Makeup application, when performed incorrectly, can be incredibly damaging to the skin. Tugging at the skin when applying or removing makeup can decrease elasticity and cause the skin to sag. Makeup should be gently dabbed onto the skin using a beauty sponge or massaged into the skin with clean fingers using upward motions.
- Chewing gum: This seemingly harmless habit can potentially lead to wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth. When you chew gum, you are distorting your lip muscles in a variety of ways that can cause permanent creases.
- Staring at your phone screen: With smartphones captivating everyone’s attention, more and more people are suffering from neck and vision problems due to constant craning or squinting to view their phone screens. What you may not know is that looking down at your phone screen for extended periods of time can also cause premature neck wrinkles. Try to maintain good posture while checking your phone.
- Your sleeping position: Believe it or not, sleeping on your side or stomach can actually cause wrinkles. The pressure of your face on the pillow damages your collagen fibers and causes creases that later form permanent wrinkles. Sleeping on your back is the best way to avoid this, and placing a pillow between your knees while you sleep can prevent you from rolling over onto your side or stomach.
We know you can’t possibly avoid every wrinkle-causing habit. That’s why we offer a variety of services to meet your beauty needs and leave you looking younger and more beautiful. Treat yourself with a visit to our office to achieve the radiant skin you deserve!
Comments are closed.