Porcelain Veneers and How They Can Transform Your Smile
Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain shells that are carefully bonded to the front of your teeth to enhance the cosmetic appearance (and sometimes function) of your teeth. They are customized to fit precisely, improving the beauty of your smile while maintaining a natural look.
How Can Porcelain Veneers Improve My Smile?
The application of porcelain veneers can drastically transform your smile and inspire confidence in your overall appearance in a number of ways. The following is a list of the problems that porcelain veneers can correct:
- Crooked, chipped or unevenly spaced teeth
- The appearance of too much gum when you smile naturally
- Oddly or unevenly shaped teeth
- Teeth that have been stained by tobacco use, coffee, wine and other substances
- Teeth whose enamel has thinned excessively, leaving a grayish or yellow tinge to their appearance
- Teeth that are overly sensitive to hot or cold
- Teeth that are worn down from age or other factors
- Uneven bite
Porcelain veneers resist stains that often affect natural teeth, including those caused by smoking and drinking acidic liquids like coffee, wine and tea. Normal dental hygiene (including brushing, flossing and routine visits to your dentist) keeps veneers looking like new. When applied by a skilled dental professional, porcelain veneers can last for decades.
What is Involved in the Application of Porcelain Veneers?
The use of porcelain veneers is popular for a variety of reasons, one of which is their ability to provide a brilliantly white and inviting smile without extensive or invasive procedures. A few simple steps are all that is required in order to permanently change your smile for the best:
- A special mold of each tooth is taken in order to customize the fit of the veneers
- The veneers are fabricated and checked for proper fit before application
- The veneers are bonded to the teeth with a powerful bonding adhesive
- The dentist provides the patient with care instructions and will schedule a checkup to ensure overall satisfaction with the veneers
What are the Advantages of Opting for Porcelain Veneers?
The advantages involved in having porcelain veneers applied are innumerable. One of the most important is the aesthetic transformation that occurs instantly upon application. The veneers look like your natural teeth (only healthier and more brilliant), so their presence is undetectable to anyone. Because they resist staining, porcelain veneers remain whiter and brighter than natural teeth. If a stain of any type does appear, it can be easily removed with gentle polishing during a routine visit to the dentist.
Patients who have suffered a lifetime of self-consciousness caused by a less-than-perfect smile are finally able to take pride in their teeth with a radiant set of porcelain veneers.
If you would like to consider porcelain veneers, talk to your family dentist to find out if veneers are right for you
Face and Jaw Surgery Center serves all of North Dakota and North West Minnesota including Moorhead, MN and East Grand Forks, MN.
Bismarck, ND office
Fargo, ND office
Minot, ND office
Comments are closed.